New calculation tool for sustainable development
Nexans launches EcoCalculator for optimized cable solutions
2011-05-03 – Nexans EcoCalculator is one more step towards your sustainable development. It is a tool aimed to help you choose the best cable solution to achieve Energy Efficiency, reduced Carbon Footprint and improved Safety of people in case of fire, whilst ensuring a good return on Investment.
Sustainable development drives economic growth and is also a powerful vehicle for progress. Nexans works hard to respond to its customers’ concerns regarding sustainable development. These concerns have three dimensions:
- Economic, because sustainable development involves optimizing energy consumption and ensuring that installations and equipment are energy efficient ;
- Social, because projects must respond to the need for increased mobility of people and goods, encourage access to electricity to ensure users’ quality of life and meet safety requirements in every market ;
- Environmental, in limiting the environmental impact, optimizing energy consumption and encouraging the development of renewable energy.
In this respect, Nexans developed its EcoCalculator, a tool aimed at helping you choose the best cable solution to achieve Energy Efficiency, reduced Carbon Footprint and improved Safety of people in case of fire, whilst ensuring a good return on Investment.
The tool focuses on building cables. Why building? Given the current reality in the construction industry, players at all levels in this market are beginning to move towards sustainable buildings.
- Energy savings: the EcoCalculator will calculate the energy savings made you will make by using the optimized proposed solution. Savings will be calculated in KWh and money over the period of use of the installed cable.
- CO2 savings: the EcoCalculator will calculate the savings in CO2 emissions you will make by using the optimized proposed solution. Savings will be calculated in kg equivalent CO2.
- Protect Life: when available, the Nexans EcoCalculator will offer you the alternative of low fire hazard cables. In case of fire, low fire hazard cables ensure a safe escape of people and facilitate the work of rescue teams thanks to low smoke and limited hazardous gas emissions.